Sunday, June 19, 2011
To you and yours, I hope this was a wonderful day to celebrate with the amazing men in your life that you can call DAD.
See you soon, friends!
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
So we decided to take advantage and have a lazy morning with a big breakfast. Pancakes, bacon, hashbrowns... mmm, a little slice of Iowa heaven! Lately Lucas has decided that pancakes are one of his favorite foods, so I decided to have a little fun with it.
- Pancake mix or recipe
- Squeeze bottles (I used the ones from my Due Date cookies)
- Food coloring - optional
- Mix up a batch of pancakes and add batter to your squeeze bottles (this is when you can add color if you'd like!)
- Lightly spray your griddle or pan
- BEFORE you turn on the griddle, trace your shape or design
- Now heat up your griddle to 350 degrees. Once your design starts to bubble, fill in with regular pancake batter or another color!
- Once bubbling, flip pancake and allow other side to cook.
Don't forget if you're going to write words, write them backwards! Now you let the design cook for a bit, then flood with more batter. The part that you put down first will be just a little darker and will stand out:
Breakfast never tasted so fun :)