- Pretzel sticks
- Yellow m&ms
- White chocolate chips (or Almond Bark)
- OPTIONAL - Apricots (I tried these, they weren't that cool)
- Place two pretzel sticks down parallel to each other on wax paper.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Remember, chocolate burns easily to microwave in small increments, stirring frequently.
- Now take a spoon and make a nice egg-sized blob (I'm so technical, I know) on the pretzel sticks. The melted chocolate will cause the sticks to move away from each other a bit, so do a few test runs to get the hang of it.
- While the chocolate is still melted, place the yolk (yellow m&m) on top!
- Like I said, I had some dried apricots at home so I tried one of those too, but that was WAY too big.
- See? Apricot = no good. M&Ms = perfection!
Make sure you allow them to cool completely before moving off the wax paper. Then you're ready to enjoy some Fakin' and Eggs!
This would be a great project to do with kids too (just be careful with the hot melted chocolate).
How cute would it be to serve up your 'breakfast' in a skillet? Happy April Fool's Day everyone!
Source: Gourmet Mom