So this seemed like a no-brainer to have ready for the big game. Easy, adorable, and of course, tasty!
- Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- (or whatever you typically use for your deviled eggs, everyone is different!)
- Everyone makes their deviled eggs a little differently so feel free to follow your own preferred method. But as a Rookie myself, I'm not going to assume that everyone has made deviled eggs before so follow along!
- Place eggs in a single layer in a large saucepan; add enough water to cover by 1 in. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Place in ice water until completely cooled.
- Remove eggs from water and gently peel back the shell.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise; place yolks in a large bowl. Set whites aside. Mash yolks with a fork; stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add a good scoop of the yolk mixture to each egg half.
- Now cut your chives. Use your judgement on how thick and/or how long you want the football 'laces' to be. Place on top of the yolk mixture and you're done!
That's it! Just an adorable football version of an old classic. This recipe will certainly help kick things off at your Super Bowl party.
Store covered in the refridgerator before serving. And make sure to gobble these up within a few days of making them (not that they'll last that long!)