- 3 TBSP butter
- 1 bag (10 oz) mini marshamallows
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/4 cup dry cake mix
- Fun, seasonal sprinkles :)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows.
- Stir until they begin to melt, adding in (dry) cake mix one spoonful at a time so its combined.
- Stir in cereal so it is completely coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Add some sprinkles so that they're combined throughout the mixture.
- Press into a baking dish (any size depending on how thick you like your treats) and top with remaining sprinkles.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes before cutting and enjoy!
I made these on a Sunday with intentions of taking them in to the office, but my husband made such a dent in them that we decided to keep them at home to graze on. Delicious! The traditional rice krispie flavor with a subtle, sweet hint of fresh baked cake. It's a match made in easy recipe heaven.
Source: Just a Pinch