- Sauce ingredients:
- 1 cup prepared bbq sauce
- 1 can (12 oz) beer
- 2 TBSP whiskey
- 1 tsp seasoning salt (I use Lawry's)
- 1 tsp pressed/minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground mustard (I used a garlic kind from my local market, but anything will work)
- 1 tsp buffalo wing or other hot sauce
- Other stuff:
- 2 chicken breasts
- Chicken broth
- Bread of choice (slider buns or hoagies cut into thirds)
- Pickles and olive for garnish
- Place chicken breasts and some chicken broth into your crockpot. Heat on low for 7-8 hours depending on how fast your crockpot cooks. You can also knock this out in 4 hours on high!
- After fully cooked, take out chicken breasts and place on a plate for shredding.
- Gently shred the chicken breasts. The easiest way to do this is with two forks - put one fork in the chicken breast to hold it steady and use the other to pull chicken apart.
- In a saucepan, heat sauce ingredients to boiling over medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching.
- Remove half of the sauce to 2-cup liquid measuring cup; set aside. Stir shredded chicken into remaining sauce in saucepan until evenly coated. Heat over medium-low heat until hot.
- Place about 1/3 cup chicken mixture on bottom of each slider bun; top with bun top. Garnish each sandwich with three pickle chips and two green olives. Serve with remaining sauce.
Tangy, spicy, delicious! This would be great for football season. Just mix the chicken and sauce together then return to the crockpot on low. You can also just put your garnish on toothpicks ahead of time. Your guests can help themselves to a delicious chicken slider whenever they want! Now that I think about it... this Whiskey and Beer BBQ Chicken would be awesome for BBQ chicken pizza! Or BBQ chicken nachos! Oh wow, the possibilities are adding up quickly...
Source: Betty Crocker