So why not replace the bread 'cup' portion with ham? Yum, yes please. Easy and low-carb... now that's my kind of breakfast!
- 4 eggs
- 8 slices of Hillshire Farms Ultra Thin Smoked Ham (any ham would be fine, but this is what I had on hand)
- Cheese, to your liking
- Salt & Pepper
- Any veggies you want to include (I just threw in a little chopped onion)
- Spray your muffin pan with Pam or another nonstick spray and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place one slice of ham in a muffin cup. Press down so it creates a 'cup'. Now place a second piece of ham in the same cup, but going the opposite direction. You're basically criss-crossing your slices so that the egg can't escape :)
- Crack an egg into your ham cup. I like my scrambled, so I did that step first in a separate bowl. You could definitely keep the yolk intact if that is more your style!
- Add in veggies and top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy!
I've mentioned it before in my posts about Breakfast Cupcakes but I love Tabasco on my eggs. So that is exactly what I added to the Ham and Egg Cups to make a tasty breakfast. Remember, this recipe was only for four servings, but you can make as many as you want! These would freeze great and be good for any busy morning. Just take out of the freezer and cook in the microwave for approximately 1 minute.