Enough of that! I knew I needed a plan so I decided to do some quick, healthy meals for my breakfast that I could basically heat and eat whether at home, on the way to work, or in the office. And let's be honest, everything is better in cupcake form, so I went that route :)
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters (or another version of liquid egg substitute)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Finely chopped green and red bell peppers (as much or little as you like)
- Finely chopped onion
- (or just use whatever veggies you like! Spinach and mushrooms would be yummy too)
- 3 cooked turkey sausage links, chopped into small bites
- Spray your muffin pan with Pam spray.
- Combine all of the above ingredients into a bowl and mix together to make sure they're well blended.
- Now divide your mixture between four** muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Here are our 'cupcakes' getting ready to hit the oven:
Easy right? Suuure it is. Until you over fill your muffin cups! Did you see the "**" in the directions by four muffin cups? You can easily spread this between six. And I recommend it. They got a little.... massive.
Fortunately they easily pop out of your pan. These were really, really good! I had one (okay, two) this morning. I simply nuked these for roughly 1 minute, gave them a shot of Tabasco sauce (my guilty pleasure), and gobbled them up. I'm definitely going to make these again, but a much larger batch. They'll be perfect for freezing, too!