Fortunately, I found a solution that both eases the pain of teething for my little guy and gives him a snack I can be happy about.
Whole milk and yogurt fruit pops!
- Yogurt - use whatever flavor your child prefers. Also, if you've ever seen YoToddler in the stores I highly recommend getting the apple flavor. It has 45% of your toddler's daily vitamin needs in just one serving!
- Whole milk
- Fruit - I used peaches and bananas
- Popsicle tray - I found this at the Dollar Spot in Target but I'm guessing you can find a set just about anywhere for fairly inexpensive.
- Dump your yogurt into a bowl and add a few tablespoons of milk. Stir together. This makes both A) the yogurt stretch a little farther and B) allows it to be easier to work with.
- Chop up your fruit and add to the bowl of yogurt. For the peaches, I cut them into really small pieces. For the bananas, I cut into slices and mashed them with a fork before adding to the yogurt/milk mix.
- Now carefully pour into your popsicle molds. Stick 'em in the freezer and wait until they're frozen through before enjoying!
I made these in the morning so I'm not sure how long it takes to freeze through, but you'll know when you check on them. After a while, I gave one to LJ and they were a hit! Easy to make, healthy, and soothing on those sore gums.
PS - If you're having trouble getting your popsicles free from the mold just flip them over and run a little hot water over the mold. Just a few seconds and they should wiggle out easily!