Last night we had some friends over for a game night. I needed to put together a few quick appetizers and wasn't sure exactly what. I had a craving for pickle wraps though. Have you ever had them? I call them Ghetto Sushi. Why? Well, just look at them!
They are simple and tasty, but very time consuming. If you want to make them, simple take a slice of beef, slap on cream cheese, add a pickle, wrap and slice. Like I said, easy! But quite frankly it was still more work than I was interested in. With friends on the way I decided to make a modified version. Hence the pickle wrap dip! It's totally easy and has all of the great flavors from Ghetto Sushi mixed up in an easy to share bowl.
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle relish - you could just use chopped pickles, but again I was going for easy
- 1.5 packages Carl Buddig Beef (each package is sold in a 2 oz bag... so you're using 3 ounces)
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese
- Let cream cheese sit out for a bit so that it is easy to stir
- Slice up beef into small pieces, use your judgement
- Stir beef into cream cheese... make sure and mix well!
- Now add the pickle relish. Again, mix it up!
- Serve with Ritz crackers
That's it. No really. That's IT. Three ingredients, but one delicious dip. This was gobbled up during game night! Unfortunately, the girls lost to the boys in our battle of the sexes event but at least the treats were a success!
P.S. it's a BOY!!! And we are over the moon excited :)