Besides, what's the fun in telling you if a cute blog update doesn't come with? Well it just so happens that I made some adorable "due date" cookies for my coworkers to share the good news.
- Sugar cookies (feel free to look up a great recipe, but I used Betty Crocker mix! Hey, I'm tired. Give me a break!)
- Wilton candy melts
- Goodie bags
- Open package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough. Drop onto a cookie sheet. Bake. :)
- Allow cookies to completely cool before decorating.
- Melt candy as directed on package.
- Dip half of sugar cookie in blue candy melts, let cool on wax paper. Repeat with pink (okay mine wasn't pink... it was 'color burst' so I just added gel food coloring). Add a little pink sugar on one half for some texture.
- NOW for the fun part. If you've ever heard of or worked with royal icing you know that it is great for sugar cookies and looks fantastic. But it's also a lot more work than I was up for. So I simply put candy melts in my squeeze bottle and used it to write my due date on the rest of the sugar cookies! It worked like a charm.
- And since we don't know the sex, I decided to dip part of the cookie in pink so that no single color was represented more than the other! Then I added pink sugar on top.
- Add one of each cookie to a goodie bag and tie with ribbon.
These turned out so cute! I was really excited to share them with my coworkers... who were in turn really excited to share in my big news!
Thanks for being patient while I slowly work my way back into the kitchen. I promise I'm not gone, just taking a baby break until I get a boost of energy.