I don't think I've mentioned it here before, but I'm training for a 5k race that occurs in just a few short weeks. With that training I've been modifying my diet to help get into a healthier lifestyle. After just one month of running/training, I have lost 7 pounds! Granted, I've given up a lot of my favorite things like potato chips, dips, fast food, okay I'm stopping now...
So on that quest for health and fitness, I have been sneaking in some really lean and satisfying meals into our diet. The most recent? Rainbow kabobs! I've done rainbow in my blog before, but that wasn't nearly as healthy. This recipe is packed with veggies. And the extra bonus? My husband LOVED it.
- 2 chicken breasts
- Marinade of choice (I simply used a store bought marinade that was Garlic and Herb)
- Red bell peppers, orange bell peppers, yellow squash, green bell peppers, eggplant, and mushrooms (not pictured)
- Marinate your chicken for approximately 30 minutes (or longer).
- Wash and clean your veggies. Cut them into the size pieces that you prefer.
- Now cut up your chicken into pieces. Reserve marinade.
- Thread veggies on a skewer, alternating each veggie with a piece of chicken.
- Place on a pre-heated grill. Cook 5 minutes.
- Use reserved marinade to brush over chicken and veggies. Turn skewers over.
- Cook on the other side until chicken is cooked through.
Easy. Healthy. DELICIOUS. Why can't all recipes have that criteria?! Regardless, they hit the spot. I served these with brown rice and it made a light, but filling meal for us. Now onward to the big race!