- 1 package of almond bark
- blue icing gel (I used the sky blue gel from my Wilton classes)
- Wash strawberries and dry on paper towels
- Melt almond bark. You can do this in the microwave like I did by just putting it in a bowl, microwaving for 30 seconds, stirring, and then continuing to microwave for 15 second intervals. Make sure and stir between intervals. Or you can do this on a low heat stove top. Just be careful not to burn it!
- Dip your strawberries in the almond bark so that it covers about 2/3 of the strawberry. Repeat for all strawberries. Set them on wax paper and allow for them to completely cool.
- While your strawberries are cooling, add your blue coloring to the rest of the almond bark.
- Once cooled, dip your strawberries into the blue almond bark but ONLY to the bottom third. Again, transfer to wax paper and allow them to cool.
That's it! So easy but such an adorable presentation. Enjoy!
I originally wanted to do this recipe with blue candy melts but this girl had a blonde moment and went searching for them on the 3rd of July. Yeah, it's not so easy to find those a day before the fourth. DUH! I settled for the dyed blue almond bark instead. It turned out just fine though. Almond bark is a lot easier to work with, but candy melts look a little smoother in my opinion. Just an FYI :)
And this is just a bonus shot of some seasonal stars and stripes Funfetti cupcakes that I made for my coworkers. Oh how I love Funfetti...