I love olives. They're salty and delicious. Olive is also the name of my beautiful neice, but that has nothing to do with this recipe. So when I was cruising through the aisles at the grocery store I knew I just had to try these:
Mediterranean Olive Antipasto - marinated with herbs & Napa Valley merlot
It was a mix of kalamata and green olives with peperchinis, roasted peppers and garlic. Translation? Heaven in a bottle.
And THAT is when I had the eureka moment. Kalamata olive and feta cheese burger. Not that mind blowing I suppose, but I knew dinner was going to rock.
- 1 bottle of the above olives. Pick out all of the kalamatas because that's what you're using.
- 1 pound ground beef
- Feta cheese crumbles
- A few shakes of oregano
- Salt and pepper
- These olives still have the pits in them. I initially tried cutting the olive off around the pit. Umm yeah, not so much. But then I realized you could very easily slide the olive off. Kalamatas are relatively soft compared to green olive so this was easy.
- Now chop up those olives just a bit.
- GENTLY fold as many olives as you want into the beef. Do the same with the feta crumbles. There are no exact measurements, just as much or as little as you like.
- Also give your ground beef mixture a few shakes of salt and pepper. Add a dash or two of oregano too.
- Now form into patties.
- Throw on the grill until fully cooked.
Don't these just LOOK delicious?
Oh they were. But if you still aren't convinced, just top with some cool and delicious tzatziki for a serious Mediterranean flavor explosion! These will definitely be made again at our house.