You have your tried and true recipes. We all do. And that is especially true when it comes to entertaining! Even though you might throw a few new treats out there from time to time, you usually have a staple. Maybe it's your buffalo chicken dip, maybe it's a homemade salsa. But it's time to change it up! And this is JUST the recipe to do it!
If you like jalapeno poppers, you will fall in love with this dip!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped fire roasted green chilies, drained
- 2 ounces canned diced jalapeno peppers, drained (I used almost half a bottle of pre-slice jalepenos. I'm pretty sure that's not 2 ounces but it was a little tame without it!)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I only had shredded "Pizza" cheese so I used that instead)
- Throw it all in the crockpot! Perferably a really cute football shaped dip crockpot that you bought on clearance ;)
- For the first 20 minutes or so, keep an eye on it and stir so that everything blends together. I put this together really fast due to unexpected guests so I kept it on high until everything melted. Then I reduced the heat to low for when guests arrived and the mixture was blended.
This was a big hit! Honestly, it's a MUST TRY dip recipe. Serve with bite sized tortilla chips.