- 1 box of ice cream cones (I bought a 24 pack)
- 1 box of cake mix
- Adorable little flags that you found at the last minute (optional of course!)
- Get out your mini muffin pan* and some tin foil. Rip the tin foil into little squares and place in each muffin spot.
- Now put an ice cream cone in. Then crinkle the tin foil around it. This will help keep the cone stable when you're putting it in the oven and during the baking process.
- Take your cake batter and pour directly into the cone until it's about this full:
- If you fill them too full, they can come out looking like this:
- Carefully put your ice cream cone cupcakes in the oven and bake until a toothpick comes out clean after inserted (about 20 minutes or so).
- Now you're ready to decorate! Give them each a swirl of frosting and then add sprinkles or a flag.
I cannot get over how adorable these little cupcakes were! They were a huge hit at our party. Not to mention they were so easy! It took about the same amount of time for a regular cupcake but had twice the WOW factor.
And another close up look...
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY EVERYONE!
Did you notice the * above? Just because I used a mini muffin pan does not mean you have to! If you only have a regular muffin pan, just use more tin foil to hold your cones in place. Or get the jumbo cones and have supersized ice cream cone cupcakes!