- 1 package of jello (any flavor, but the small 3 oz package)
- 7 envelopes of unflavored gelatin (these come in small envelopes, usually 4 per package. The brand I bought was Gelatine and it comes in an orange package. Look for it in the jello aisle)
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix everything together in a sauce pan. It will be thick, like paste.
- Heat over low heat until it's more liquid and melted.
- Pour into your mold.
- Put in the freezer for five minutes to firm up.
- That's it! Look at these little cherry bites of gummy goodness:
These little guys are a new favorite in my house. And by using sugar-free jello you can make a treat that you feel good about eating! And as for the mold, I picked them up at Michael's (craft store) for $1.99. You can do all shapes and sizes too. Fun for all ages!
My next experiment? Making SOUR gummi candy. I love those little tart bites and if I can recreate them in my kitchen I will be in heaven. Stay tuned!