It was 9 pm on a Sunday night and all I could think about was cupcakes. How the craving started, I'm not sure. But it was here and it was strong. My stomach was telling me to go whip up a quick batch of cupcakes and satisfy my sweet tooth but my head was telling me that it was just a little too late for cupcakes (not to mention the cleanup). What's a girl to do?!
That's when you turn to Emergency Chocolate Cake. This quick and easy treat of fluffy-cake-goodness is just what I needed! And the best part? My only dishes to clean were the mug and fork.
- 2 Tbsp. cake flour (you can use all purpose flour too... I did!)
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. oil
- Spray the inside of your mug with non-stick cooking spray
- Dump in all of the ingredients
- Stir together with a fork until well blended
- Microwave for 60 seconds
- Turn out onto a plate (or eat in the mug) and satisfy that cupcake craving!
Keep in mind that this isn't the same as sinking your teeth into a big piece of chocolate cake. But considering it takes less than two minutes, I think it's great! This could be a very, very dangerous discovery...
Source: One Particular Kitchen