- Cupcakes! (I just used box mix... I started this project at 8:30 one night. Whoops!)
- Oreo cookies
- Junior Mints
- Red candy melts
- Black frosting
- Coconut (optional)
- Green food coloring
- Make cupcakes as directed. Chocolate cupcakes work best since they are dark like a ladybug's body.
- Cut your oreos in half (chill them a little before hand so they don't break too much when cutting)
- Heat up some red candy melts. Dip each oreo half in the candy melt and set aside on wax paper to dry.
- In the mean time, mix green food coloring into your white frosting. Frost one half of the cupcake to act as the glue for the wings.
- Add your wings (dipped oreos) and stick a Junior Mint in front to act as a head.
- Now just add a few dots of black frosting to the wings and you're all set!
- Optional coconut: if desired, you can put some coconut in a ziplock bag and add a few drops of green food coloring. Now shake up the bag and voila! You've got cupcake grass :)
These turned out just too cute! My only suggestion? Use chocolate chips instead of black frosting. They will look more clean and uniform. I didn't like how the dots turned out on the wings. My coworker on the other hand absolutely loved them!