- 1 packet of Knorr cheese sauce mix (I used french onion mix because I didn't have cheese. I also only used about 2 TBSP because it's such potent stuff!)
- 3 TBSP mayo
- 4 ears of corn, shucked and cleaned
- 4 slices of thick-cut bacon (I used hickory smoked bacon... mmmm!)
- Mix french onion mix and mayo together.
- Brush corn with the mayo/onion mixture and wrap each ear with two strips of bacon.
- Place ear in tin foil and wrap it up.
- Put individually wrapped corn on the grill and cook for 25-30 minuts until corn is tender and bacon is cooked, turning often (be careful, it's hot!)
The french onion flavor was very subtle on the corn but added a nice touch. I might have used a bit more next time. The bacon however, was delicious in this recipe! Every bite of corn was tender and filled with the smokey bacon flavor. I only used the bacon for flavor during grilling and then removed it for eating, although you could eat it too if you'd like. Either way, this is a fabulous way to jazz up corn on the cob. Your guests will be impressed with the presentation and the flavor!
If you try it with cheese, let me know what you think :)