- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped (I left these out)
- 1 3/4 cups purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled 3 ripe large bananas, mashed well (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla (I only had almond, so I used that instead)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan. Set aside
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a different bowl, combine bananas, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- With a spatula, combine wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Do not over mix this.
- Pour banana bread mix into your loaf pan and bake for approximately 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
This was some mighty tasty bread! The almond flavor was just enough to give this banana bread a good change of pace. My husband was working late so I decided to wrap it up and leave it for him when he got home. I knew I would be asleep long before he came home so I left him a note to let him know I was thinking about him....
This morning he took a few more slices with him to work. Sounds like a success to me!