My brother knew that I wasn't really up for a marathon cooking event so he brought over some simple ingredients and whipped together some Thai Curry Chicken for us.
- Cut chicken into cubes and cook in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil
- Remove and place chicken on plate while you work on the sauce
- Add mushrooms to the skillet and saute until tender
- In a seperate skillet, pour in coconut milk and add as much or as little curry paste as you like. Smooth out the lumps and heat over medium
- Once mixed, add the chicken back into the sauce and heat through
- Cook jasmine rice according to package
I'm not kidding! That is ALL there was too it! It was perfect. It was simple enough that we had plenty of time to chat but totally filling so that I didn't have to worry about dinner that night. I couldn't stop picking at my plate. Everything time I would tell my brother I was full, I went in for a few more bites. Bad bad bad ;)
On a side note, the curry paste smelled really hot but was very tame. Next time I would add crushed red pepper flakes for some added heat.
P.S. We forgot about the mushrooms until after we had already started digging in. I just threw mine on top and kept chowing down!