Mmmm french fries! Ever since I made THESE my husband asks for them almost every night. Well, it was time for a change but heaven forbid we don't make some type of fry! So Drew suggested spicy mexi-fries. (Please note that there is nothing really Mexican inspired about these fries. But that's what my husband refers to them as so I guess it sticks!)
There isn't much of a recipe here, but if you have the right seasoning on hand then it's just silly not to test them out.
Again, like the link above, it's pretty simple. But they're healthy and flavorful so give 'em a try!
- 3 potatoes, washed and scrubbed (but leave the skin on this time!)
- SPICY Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Cajun seasoning
- Extra virign live oil
- Preheat oven to 450
- Wash and scrub your potatoes. Slice them however you want to make your fries.
- Place fries in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Use your hands to toss the fries around in the bowl to ensure that each fry is covered.
- Place fries on a cookie sheet in one layer
- Sprinkle with both seasonings
- Bake for about 15 minutes and turn over. Sprinkle with seasonings again and continue to bake. Bake until you get your desired french fry crunch!
These little puppies packed a punch and were DELICIOUS on their own or when dunked into a cold pile of ketchup. We've made these a few times now!